There are a lot of rules to follow in Miami kiteboarding. Where to Miami kiteboarding Is on south beach, yes the most crowded beach is the one with the best access. Is that crazy or what?? Yep you guessed it there is $ involved in the other places in Miami.
most charge and only provide a way in and out of the water
CRANDON PARK RIDING NO FUN ZONE
As the new season approaches, we need to inform you of the new procedures we will implement to make riding at Crandon, Hassle-free, safer and mostly trouble-free for a long-lasting kite spot officially recognized by the authorities.
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE DOCUMENT, TO BE UPDATED ON CRANDON PARK RULES FOR THIS SEASON. ALSO, FEEL FREE TO PASS IT ALONG;
With Last year experience, we came to the following necessary improvements:
– The Sign-in will be simplified by attributing a PERSONAL STREAMER for the entire Season to each Crandon park registered rider.
– The creation of a CRANDON RIDER’S CLUB including a MEMBERSHIP FEE to allow better Signage, more interactivity through Events and Races monthly, more commitment to Self-regulating on our spot, and a WEBPAGE to keep in touch with the Miami kite life.
– SAFETY for bystanders & Riders could be dramatically improved by adjusting CORRIDOR BUOYS.
– NUMBER OF RIDERS ALLOWED ON WATER should BE INCREASED to allow all of us to ride in windy days and reduce wating lines when signing-in the daily sheet.
Those are the main changes that will occur this year. Other than that, the rules are pretty much the same.
CRANDON RIDER REGISTRATION FOR THIS SEASON:So in order to ride in Crandon Park, make sure you prepare the following requirements, effective now as Crandon Park officially re-open on weekends. (After Sept 1st): To obtain your PERSONAL STREAMER LABELED with YOUR NAME, and be Updated on the 2008-2009 Crandon Riders database, you will need to bring on your FIRST DAY:
– UP-TO-DATE IKO INDIVIDUAL INSURANCE (NOT VALID IN THE USA) ( copy of purchase ) ($78.50/year)
– IKO CARD LEVEL 3: Required to be shown on First day as a proof of COMPETENT rider.
– YEARLY MEMBERSHIP FEE of $50 for participation to Crandon Rider Club. ( Help paying for : Signage, buys, People in charge of Check-in, Riders club Website, CLub t-shirt , administration of the club etc…)